Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

Hi,

May I just say that I have found my favorite book of the year! This book is magnificent! The book has a wide range of beautiful well done drawing, but lots of text as well. I loved this book so much I finished within a couple hours between two days. I put all my homework aside and had to read this book! In the book it talks about a boy named Hugo Cabret who is young. His father past away so he is left to his uncles care, but their is something that goes along with that, he has to work the clocks. He is good at what he does, but then he meets a young girl Isabel and falls into the epic adventure. Before Hugo's dad dies, his father finds an automaton. His father than past away in a fire and acquires the piece of machine and sets out to fix it. He meets loads of new people and learns many things. This book is very interesting it had me reading in class instead of listening. This book is very easy to read seeing that it has many pictures and small pages. While I was reading this book I fell in love with Hugo, he is just an inspirational character and very interesting.  I also fell in love with some of the drawing, like the one with the moon with the rocket in it's eye. I have seen the movie and it follows the book very well, it as well is one of my favorite movies. I deffinatly recommend to you this book. I feel anyone can read this book, whether they like to read this book. Being a world history fan, I loved learning about old films in this movie, like the first movie ever was just a train coming into the station.

Happy Reading!
-Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment