Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Bad Beginning: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Hi,

So, a week or two ago I read the first book in the A Series of Unfortunate Events. I have always wanted to read this series. I thought the first book was good! I thought it was a quick easy read and full of character. If you want an easy read, you should read this book. The book size is tiny, and and the words are kind of big. Also it only has around 160 pages. I read this book in two days with school and a bunch of homework.


The summary of this book is about three children named Violet, Klause and Sunny. There parents died in a fire so they had to go live with another relative, who's name is Count Olaf. After that they go on a crazy adventure and good and bad things happened.


Getting into my review now, I thought Lemony Snicket did a fantastic job overall. I loved the creepiness of the book but also the warmth. In the book there is a lot of different thought and feelings that tied together really well. The main characters of this book were Sunny, Klause and Violet, the book told there story and unfortunate journeys. This book is kind of sad but not too sad like john green or anything like that. One thing that I loved in this book is the characters love of reading. This book made me want a huge library in my own home. I think if a child is reading this it is really good because if the book says a harder word it explains it. There isn't much I can say  about this book without giving away anything because it is such a short book.

I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars. I would recommend this book if you are in a car ride or in the air port.

Thank You, and Happy Reading!
-Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment