Sunday, May 11, 2014

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Hello fellow book readers!

First off before I get started on typing let me just say oh my stars! This book literally blew my mind. I went into reading this book knowing only a little bit from the movies preface. i was expecting this book to be OK and just like any other book with witches in it but man was i wrong. This book is not like any other witch book and has such an amazing unique story line.

This book is about a boy named Ethan who lives in an ordinary small town called Gatlin. In this town there are things just like modern day clicks, mean girls and well the weird. This all changes when a girl named Lena comes to town and changes everything. She flips Gatlin upside down and give everyone a ride for their money, even Ethan. Ethan and Lena go on a adventure of love and spells together until her 16th birthday. Then everything happens.

My synopsis of the book is very vague seeing as every minute of the book has something going on.

Synopsis: 

There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head . . . Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes.

There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it.

In the end, there is a grave.

Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided.Ethan never even saw it coming.

Spoilers Section:

This book has a lot of spoilers. First off can we talk about how cute of a couple Ethan and Lena are? I really can't wait to read the other books because I want to know whether Lena picks light or dark. I thought she was going to be light but I guess not. I really want to know what happens, Ahhhhhhh!!!!

I would definitely recommended this book for anyone who like books that are creepy but very easy to read. When I mean creepy I mean don't read this at night because it was scarier than miss peregrines house for peculiar children. I gave this book a huge 5 out of 5 stars, yay! 

Thanks for reading!
-Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment